Τετάρτη 1 Δεκεμβρίου 2010

I See You

I see you, the artificially blond girl, crossing the road and entering the shopping mall once again. You went to fetch your wallet from the car after exceeding your credit card limit. Your green car, the one you always complain about, parked in-between two spaces, I wonder what for. By now you are already in, as a whole new amazing world unfolds beneath your eyes and provokes you to consume, mercilessly, while you stare, bewildered, not knowing from where to begin.

Accelerated pace and breath as you approach your object of interest, feeling elated from the excessive shopping, carrying the bags so full of what you call useful staff, giving thanks to that wonderful invention called credit card. Then you wait in the line to pay, thoughts passing by, about a yellow jacket you’d like to buy, but you could not afford. What a shame, you reflect wistfully. Then your turn comes, you open your wallet and empty the last of its contents on the counter.

Got rid of your cash, you put your wallet back in your bag, which happens to resemble in a vast degree, the latest designer bag held by your favourite movie star. That is why you chose it after all, that is why you love it. Now you walk around, light as a feather with a bright smile on your face, perfect teeth shining, worth every penny you spend, on dentists and products. Being proud and satisfied you parade your way to the car, modelling your new possessions, for everyone to see and rejoice with you, only if they can afford it too.

People are starting to notice you, especially males ones. You love the attention and it shows. A playful flick in your hair and blue eyes signifying an invitation as your gaze meets mine. I stare into them; a second later I burst into a hideous laugh and walk away dismissively, while you stand there still, mouth hanging open. Obviously this is the first time this happens to you. You thought that no man would deny such “beauty” as yours. You are so used to rejecting men, but this time it happened the other way round, leaving you there, petrified at my sneer, hopelessly wondering if you‘ve done something wrong. Go figure, I’ve just given you something to ponder on.

However, I have to acknowledge that you were a powerful observation on human behaviour. Now, I move on and as I proceed to extensively realise that there are more, just like you. And I know exactly what you are thinking, I know what all of you are thinking. You are all prisoners of your own device, mere consumers, pitiful holograms of who you used to be and me a thief, a solitary stranger, a clown in a city of clones. It does not matter which city it is. To me it’s all the same, the people and the places they are made of.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου