Δευτέρα 29 Νοεμβρίου 2010

Tragedy Of Irony

I have taken a look at my previous writings and poetry and I have come to the realisation that I tend to melodramatise the "events" described. This creates an emotional impact on the reader and this is a very strong aspect that makes someone's work "exceptional" as many readers would say.

As soon as I came that realisation, another one followed. I do not do this only in my writings, but also in my everyday life. So my writing reflects my state of mind. I can take a simple event that in my head as I perceive it, has a dramatic twist and all of a sudden I find myself being a character in a self manifested "tragedy". Just like a self-fulfilled prophesy.

I have noticed this pattern in many others too. Do we actually like our pain? Are we addicted to it? Everybody indulges in being a drama queen once in a while. We just love being in love with our sorrow. And then we enjoy the hard earned attention that makes us feel special. Building layers of deception upon deception, firstly fooling ourselves and then others too. Living our life in constant worry, anxiety and fear. Moving rapidly from one idea to another, letting our thoughts run in the backround without taking the nessesary time to examine them.

We tend to attract what we fear. Constant thoughts of it possess our minds until we project the fear itself into our lives. The fear is always about loss. Loss of possession, no matter what that might be. Why are we so possessive in every aspect of our lives? Is everything you own part of your identity, your definition? If that is the case then, that is why it is so hard to let go.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου